[Qgis-user] QGIS-Server Installation/Configuration, Fedora Rawhide

Garth Rees garthrees1960 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 07:21:51 PST 2020

Hi,

I am trying to install QGIS-Server 3.16 on a Fedora Rawhide Server.

Packages "qgis-server" and "python3-qgis" have been downloaded and
installed, without any apparent issues.

I am following the guide at
https://docs.qgis.org/3.16/en/docs/server_manual/getting_started.html#installation-on-debian-based-systems
(yes, I know it is for Debian systems, but no Fedora guide found thus far).

On the first steps, it is said that running the file
"/usr/lib/cgi-bin/qgis_mapserv.fcgi" should give the following output:

      QFSFileEngine::open: No file name specifiedWarning 1: Unable to
find driver ECW to unload from GDAL_SKIP environment variable.Warning
1: Unable to find driver ECW to unload from GDAL_SKIP environment
variable.Warning 1: Unable to find driver JP2ECW to unload from
GDAL_SKIP environment variable.Warning 1: Unable to find driver ECW to
unload from GDAL_SKIP environment variable.Warning 1: Unable to find
driver JP2ECW to unload from GDAL_SKIP environment
variable.Content-Length: 206Content-Type: text/xml; charset=utf-8
<ServiceExceptionReport version="1.3.0" xmlns="https://www.opengis.net/ogc">
 <ServiceException code="Service configuration error">Service unknown
or unsupported</ServiceException></ServiceExceptionReport>

I have substituted the Fedora path & file
(/usr/libexec/qgis/qgis_mapserv.fcgi), and running this results in:
[root at servnet /]# /usr/libexec/qgis/qgis_mapserv.fcgi
Application path not initialized
Application path not initialized
- 'VirtualXPath' [XML Path Language - XPath]
- 'VirtualXPath' [XML Path Language - XPath]
- 'VirtualXPath' [XML Path Language - XPath]
- 'VirtualXPath' [XML Path Language - XPath]
- 'VirtualXPath' [XML Path Language - XPath]
QFSFileEngine::open: No file name specified
- 'VirtualXPath' [XML Path Language - XPath]

[{"code":"Bad request error","description":"Requested URI does not match
any registered API handler"}] - 'VirtualXPath' [XML Path Language - XPath]
- 'VirtualXPath' [XML Path Language - XPath]
- 'VirtualXPath' [XML Path Language - XPath]
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
[root at servnet /]#

My guess is that there is a missing dependency that did not get picked up
in the installation of the Fedora package, however I am not able to
identify what it may be.

Has anyone successfully installed 3.16 QGIS-Server on Fedora?
Any guidance or tips as to what may be missing and/or causing this error
would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Garth.