[Qgis-user] Problem splitting polygons with line layer

Bernd Vogelgesang bernd.vogelgesang at gmx.de
Mon Dec 7 10:57:19 PST 2020

Hi,

I need to split a polygon with a line layer (representing parcel
boundaries ).

Using "Split with lines", the process always stops at 12% and there is
no progress visible. The lines are imported from a CAD dwg as a
CompoundCurveZ (never had to do with this before)

My goal is to "cut" the polygon, so I retrieve parcels of a specific
area again.

With other line layers from this dwg ist no problem spliting the
polygon, only the parcel boundaries won't work.

Does anybody have an idea what could be the cause of this problem, what
I other tools I could try or if I have to proprocess the lines
beforehand with other tools?

Hoping for enlightment (and having a deadline tomorrow)

Bernd