[Qgis-user] Several users working with one project file - warning

Nicole Stoffels n.stoffels at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 15 07:49:28 PST 2020

Dear QGIS-users,

we are several people, sometimes working on the same QGIS-project without
knowing it. Unfortunately you never get a warning that anyone else is
currently working on the project, when opening the project file. That is
why I would like to generate a warning, that person xy is working on the
project.

I did some research and came to this page, where the suggestion is to write
a macro, which looks for lock files in the project directory:
https://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/186309/open-qgis-project-files-in-exclusive-mode-alert-if-project-file-already-in-use

Moreover this was already an issue 4 years ago:
https://issues.qgis.org/issues/14717

Seems that it has not been fixed yet?

Unfortunately my QGIS does not even write a lock file in the working
directory. And I always get the warning that macros are currently not
working.

Do you have any other ideas how to solve this problem? Or any idea, how to
get QGIS to write this lock file?

I am working with QGIS 3.10.11 on a Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2.

Thank you and best regards,

Nicole Stoffels