[Qgis-user] simple conversion question

kirk kirk at nortekresources.com
Mon Dec 28 02:50:55 PST 2020

Hi Cole.You need to add the coordinates to your attribute table prior to exporting to csv format.  First save the data in the correct coordinates system. Open the attribute table and add 2 new columns for the x and y coordinates.  Update each volume using the $x abs $y formula and save the results prior to exporting to csv.Kirk SchmidtSent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: Cole Burger <coleburger at protonmail.com> Date: 2020-12-28  3:00 a.m.  (GMT-04:00) To: qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org Subject: [Qgis-user] simple conversion question Hello,First time QGIS user.  I'm using 3.16.1-Hannover on macOS Mojave 10.14.6.  I'm trying to convert latitude/longitude coordinates to EPSG: 2163 US National Atlas Equal Area.  The coordinates are here: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/cpb831/webscraper1/master/institutions%20to%20convert.csv.   I would like to create a csv file with these coordinates in new projection.  I followed the steps here: https://3drobotics.com/convert-lat-lon-coordinates-into-state-plane-with-qgis/.  The new csv file just shows the original latitude/longitude coordinates.  Any additional suggestions?Thank you!Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.