[Qgis-user] Georeferencing images

Nicolas Cadieux njacadieux.gitlab at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 07:40:43 PDT 2020

Hi,

If the images have embedded GPS coordinates, all you need to do is drag and drop the rasters in QGIS.  If you have coordinates but no CRS, you may need to indicate the which Coordinates Reference System to use (Probably WGS84) depending on your settings.  You can install a plugin like quickmap and load a background image.  That will help you figure out if the image are georeferenced correctly.  Look at your coordinates in the lower right corner.  You can use that to figure out if you are in meters or in degrees.

Nicolas Cadieux
Ça va bien aller!