[Qgis-user] colorramp starting from white

Anita Graser anitagraser at gmx.at
Mon Jun 15 13:48:25 PDT 2020

15 Jun 2020 15:53:43 Raymond Nijssen <r.nijssen at terglobo.nl>:

> Am I the only one who would like the color ramps in QGIS to NOT start from (super nearly) white, but from a light version of the color?

Quite the contrary. I often have the need to change the starting color to real white or even transparent.

It's probably one of those cases of "it depends!"

In choropleth maps, it's important to distinguish between non and the lowest class. However, for heatmaps and similar viz, a smooth transition from white is often desired.

Conclusion: the starting color should be really easy to change.

Regards
Anita