[Qgis-user] Automatically ordering layers & best practice for transferring data

RMG reikogoodwin at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 09:39:19 PDT 2020

Hello,

I have a lot of layers that are often similar in names and structures
(e.g., 2018-01-20_daily-path_length, 2018-01-21_daily-path_length,
2018-01-22_daily-path_length ....), but not always. Is there a way to
automatically order the layers by alphabetical order, date, etc.? I am not
talking about grouping or sub-grouping. I am looking for a function that
would allow us to sort them by certain specifics (e.g., order by
modification date, order by rasters then vectors).

Second question. What is the best practice for transferring data from one
external hard drive to another? A 2TB drive is full with a lot of Landsat
images and now I would like to transfer the data to a 4TB one. How do I
make sure that I have a smooth workflow without looking for layers within
each project?

Regards,

Reiko Matsuda Goodwin
ComoƩ Monkey Project <https://www.facebook.com/ComoeMonkeyProject/>