[Qgis-user] Hillshade Rough Blocks for 1m Rasters?

Nicolas Cadieux njacadieux.gitlab at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 15:32:22 PDT 2020

Hi,

If your x and y distance unit is different from the z distance (like
long lat degrees for x and y and meters for z), you will need a z
Factor, or you need to save the raster in a crs that has x,y,z in the
same unit (like meter).

https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/product/imagery/setting-the-z-factor-parameter-correctly/

You can also improve the look in the layer/Symbology/Resampling and
select cubic for "zoomed in" and Average for "zoomed out".

Nicolas