[Qgis-user] QGIS uninstalled after GDAL PPA install

Lorenzo-Outlook morettilorenzo at outlook.com
Wed Mar 4 15:06:13 PST 2020

Hi all
I also was able to install the new version 3.12 in Ubuntu 18.04 following the instructions by eliminating the ubuntugis repo. But QGIS is not complete: the problem is strange because QGIS opens and inside it is missing many CRS projections (for example the geographical WGS84, EPSG:4326 or 3857 and others). It seems that the PROJ4 library version 4.9.3 with which QGIS is compiled does not contain some CRS. Everything else works but without these projections QGIS is not much need. Of course the server version also has this problem and is therefore unusable. I went back to the ubuntugis repo and reinstalled QGIS 3.10.2 which works fine.
Did someone have the same problem or did it just happen to me?
Bye
Lorenzo