[Qgis-user] style control for lat/long grid and marker points

Eric Delson eric.delson at lehman.cuny.edu
Sun Mar 15 15:55:07 PDT 2020

Hello, I am making maps for publication in journal articles using QGIS
and Natural Earth base data. I have two questions:

How do I control the appearance (presence/absence, line style, labeling)
of latitude/longitude "graticule" lines? I was able to change the name
of the Equator in the Attribute Table, but not the placement of the
label or other features.

I am placing a series of point markers from an imported Excel file of
decimal latitude/longitude coordinates, with each point having a place
name and category (time bins). How do I control the label, size, symbol,
and color of each point, either by reference to its category or
individually if necessary?

I have an earlier version of such a map made by a colleague in ArcGIS,
which I can send offline if one of you wishes to see what I am seeking.

Many thanks, Eric Delson (Professor of Anthropology, City University of
New York)