[Qgis-user] QFIS WFS error msg help please

Brent Wood pcreso at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 18 15:57:16 PDT 2020

Hi,
I'm setting up mapserver to provide WFS services to be consumed by QGIS. The capabilities doc works fine from a browser, and connecting from QGIS I get the available layer listed fine, so QGIS works fine with the WFS to at least get the capabilities doc.
I get an error when trying to retrieve the layer, and have found a few references but nothing helpful. I need help interpreting the QGIS error before I can attempt to fix the error in the mapfile (if there is one).
Error msg: (same in QGIS 2.18, 3.4, 3.10)

2020-03-19T11:52:38 1 Analysis of DescribeFeatureType response failed for url srsname='EPSG:4326' typename='ms:Specimens' url='http://wellmapsrvdev.niwa.co.nz/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/usr/lib/cgi-bin/mapfiles/specify.map' version='auto' table="" sql=: it is probably a schema for Complex Features

Any advice appreciated...
Brent Wood