[Qgis-user] QFIS WFS error msg help please

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Thu Mar 19 04:30:38 PDT 2020

Hi Brent,

Odd, I have not seen that exact error before.  But there could be a
problem with the geometry returned.  Be sure to set the
"gml_include_items" and "gml_featureid" metadata in your layer in the
mapfile.  (see examples at https://mapserver.org/ogc/wfs_server.html
  )

Also, here is a proper DescribeFeatureType response, in case that helps
to see (save response as .xml and open in text editor)
https://demo.gatewaygeomatics.com/cgi-bin/wfs_gateway?SERVICE=WFS&REQUEST=DescribeFeatureType&VERSION=2.0.0&TYPENAMES=ms:park&TYPENAME=ms:park

Oh, and use Richard's great QGIS Network Logger plugin to get your exact
DescribeFeatureType url (to compare to my server's response above).

Cheers from the east coast of Canada,

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna