[Qgis-user] Split features

Christine geo.guide at web.de
Sun Mar 22 08:12:03 PDT 2020

Dear colleagues,

since a while I am struggling with the 'split features' tool that doesn't
like to split my line features (lineZ). Have already checked for geometry
problems in my dataset (geopackage), the data are projected (dataset and
project CRS are the same). The split featurs  tool works fine with polygon
features but is reluctant with my lineZ features. Have tried this with
severall versions of QGIS 3.10 upwards on windows 10.

The QGIS online help even suggests a split with snapping on a line vertex.
But my experience up to now is, that this works only sometimes. I succeded
to split a test line rather reliable with the snapping option off.

Unfortunately I cannot achieve a splitting of features with my specific
lineZ feature dataset at all and I have no idea why. Couldn't find an entry
of a known bug or problem for this, so I turn to the mailing list for
consult now.

Regards, Christine