[Qgis-user] Split features

Christine geo.guide at web.de
Sun Mar 22 17:43:02 PDT 2020

Christine wrote
> ... I cannot achieve a splitting of features with my specific
> lineZ feature dataset at all and I have no idea why. Couldn't find an
> entry
> of a known bug or problem for this,  ...

Have found a roundabout with the creation of an overlay layer (close buffer
polygons around the lines), some manual effort with splitting the buffer
polygon layer at the desired positions and then applying an intersection
(Union) of the line and the buffer polygons.

After this processing I found another feature left to split and actually
succeeded to apply the split features tool on this feature while on others
the tool still refused to work.

The split features tool seems to work basically but not always. So I suspect
the data are causing problems although the reason are probably not classical
geometry flaws (applied all available tools to fix that including AG
Toolbox).

The dataset was converted in severals step from DWG of the CAD world to a
GIS format. Whatever this may have caused.

Regards, Christine