[Qgis-user] Isochrones

Tyler Veinot tylerkveinot at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 07:22:09 PDT 2020

All;
I have a network, Canada National Road Network it is a free download, that
I am trying to use for PEI and the City of Charlottetown to find out what
area is within X time of various points of interest. I used Here for QGIS
to get the initial result but QGIS has a tool built in Network Analyst that
has Service Area from Network and from Point, also and QNEAT that has 6
isochrone tools for doing exactly what I am trying to do. For some reason
though the results don't seem to match the network. I would expect the from
the point of origin the shortest times to be along the lines and radiate
out.
What tools are you guys using to do this kind of work? Do my values for
forward backward both direction need to be numeric? Any tutorials on using
these tools?
Thanks;
Tyler