[Qgis-user] QGIS and SAGA 7.3.0

Nick Hopton nhopton at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 02:56:00 PDT 2020

Ubuntu 20.04, QGIS 3.14.16, SAGA 7.3.0

In QGIS I lean quite heavily on SAGA algorithms, which worked fine until I
upgraded to Ubuntu 20.04 (focal). This forced an upgrade of SAGA to Version
7.3.0. Trying to use this from the Processing Toolbox resulted in a warning
and problems, so I installed the SAGA NextGen Provider, in the hope that
this would fix them.  It hasn't, but I'm far from sure that I've set the
required 'SAGA folder' correctly. It would be helpful if someone could tell
me what this should be, or how to find out what it should be.

I think SAGA 7.3.0 is correctly installed, is starts correctly with
'saga_gui' from a command line.

Best wishes,
Nick.