[Qgis-user] QGIS and SAGA 7.3.0

Bernd Vogelgesang bernd.vogelgesang at gmx.de
Sat Oct 17 04:00:30 PDT 2020

Hi Nick,

found this quiet old conversation:

There is a QGIS plugin for QGIS higher than 3.4 that works with SAGA 7.2.

It is called SAGA nextgen.

It works as is under Windows with SAGA 7.3, and I'm pretty sure it would
work in Ubuntu if you change the provider.py file so that REQUIRED_VERSION =
'7.2.' becomes REQUIRED_VERSION = '7.3.'

https://www.mail-archive.com/ubuntu@lists.osgeo.org/msg01605.html

Being on Linux Mint, this trick worked as I remember. Not sure about Ubuntu 20.04 but you may give it a try.
Why this hasn't been updated yet is beyond my understanding.

Cheers,
Bernd