[Qgis-user] Mac computer configuration

Donal Hunt donal.hunt at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 14:26:10 PDT 2020

You can compare the CPU ratings of your current machine vs the ratings for
the currently available i5 and i7 models of the mac mini here:
https://www.cpubenchmark.net/compare/Intel-i5-5287U-vs-Intel-i5-8500B-vs-Intel-i7-8700B/2575vs3382vs3388

Additional memory (16gb or 32gb) may also help. You could potentially
attach a fast nvme drive to the thunderbolt 3 port (you can't upgrade the
SSD on the latest generation of mac minis as they are soldered to the logic
board).

I would highly recommend profiling where the bottleneck / performance
issues are occurring. Tools such as activity monitor, instruments and
sample can provide more insight. See
https://gist.github.com/loderunner/36724cc9ee8db66db305 for some
suggestions.

Hope that helps.