[Qgis-user] Report Layout strange behaviour with photos

Bernd Vogelgesang bernd.vogelgesang at gmx.de
Mon Sep 14 09:20:12 PDT 2020

Hi there,

I'm really eager to finally figure out how to create a photo
documentation with QGIS.

Everything needed is prepared and in place. I have overview coverages of
plots with sub-plot over an aerial image. The maps are nicely produced
to a report as groups. On each overview, the belonging sub-plots follow
as individual maps.

Now I would like to show pictures taken on the sub-plots.

First issue: I add a new group photo-points and as field I select the
referencing field for the sub-plot. Edit body, add picture frame. When
setting the full file path for the images (stored as field "photo" in
the point file, generated with "Import geotagged photos") there is only
a red cross shown, and the selection in the dialog jumps from raster to
svg. On export as pdf, there is a warning "Picture source is missing or
corrupt".

I redid this several times, to no avail, but once in a sudden, a preview
image was shown, though I did not change the slightest thing in the
settings. I swear!

Second issue: Now that it finally accepted the path, exporting the
report now produced a page for each picture under each sub-plot, instead
of filtering those which actually fit there (and how it does with the
sub-plots within the plots!)

Has anyone an idea what might be wrong here. Documentation on this
matter or examples are unfortunatly nonexistent.

Linux Mint, 3.14.1

Cheers,

Bernd