[Qgis-user] Report Layout strange behaviour with photos

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Tue Sep 15 02:34:40 PDT 2020

Hi Bernd,

The best intro to QGIS reports (that I know) can be found at Nyall
Dawsons website:
https://north-road.com/2018/01/23/exploring-reports-in-qgis-3-0-the-ultimate-guide/

Nyall is also the developer who worked on the reports.

The reports in QGIS did not get a lot of attention yet - Tim Sutton
presented reports and his reults at FOSS4G in Bucharest - and like you,
he ran into a lot of limitations and hidden things you need to do with
expressions and such. There is definitely room for improvements.

Collecting feature requests at Github is great, but it would be very
good to collect (reference) all of these in a QGIS QEP and then we could
find a dev (most likely Nyall) and come up with funding. I am pretty
sure that Tim Sutton would join your effort - and myself as well ;-) If
this effort is backed by a convincing collection of useful improvements,
I am confident that we can find organizations funding it.

We could also schedule a meeting with Tim, Nyall and yourself - and
other interested users to discuss further improvements. But collecting
missing things upfront to such a meeting would make the discussion much
more productive.

Hope this helps,

Andreas