[Qgis-user] basic contouring and kriging

chris hermansen clhermansen at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 11:07:00 PST 2021

Byron and list,

On Mon, Dec 6, 2021 at 10:59 AM Firstname Lastname <byron at conjugategeo.com>
wrote:

> hello group:
> i want to demonstrate some of the pitfalls of computer contouring methods
> with limited datasets.  i wanted to use a small dataset to demonstrate
> several contouring algorithms.  In particular, linear interpolation,
> inverse weighted, nearest neighbour and kriging.  Are any of these built
> into QGIS?  i do not see any options to control the contouring in the
> plugins for any options other than the default.
> thank you if you can provide any help.

I believe you want to look at the surface interpolation rather than
contouring; that is, contouring is just something you do with a surface
once it's interpolated.

For example this tutorial
https://www.qgistutorials.com/en/docs/3/interpolating_point_data.html

--
Chris Hermansen · clhermansen "at" gmail "dot" com

C'est ma façon de parler.