[Qgis-user] adding a simple filled polygon

Bernd Vogelgesang bernd.vogelgesang at gmx.de
Fri Dec 17 03:04:18 PST 2021

Hi,

from what I understand, you just need to make your new layer editable
(pencil symbol), then you can see the symbol for adding a polygon.

Besides that: Be aware that the original coordinate system of GPS points
is EPSG 4326 (unit degrees), and so is the default CRS for layers in
QGIS. In case you want to do more sophisticated operations later with
your data, you should reproject them to a local metric coordinate
system. Tricky topic for beginners. The toolbox is your friend.

Cheers,

Bernd