[Qgis-user] Do GPX files contain CRS information?

jeremy benwell jeremybenwell at gmail.com
Thu Mar 4 21:02:22 PST 2021

Hi,

I was wondering if GPX files contain CRS information? I saved some
waypoints in my garmin gps and then used GPSBabel to upload those waypoints
to my computer and create a GPX file. The map datum on my gps was set to
GDA 94. Does my GPX file contain the CRS that my GPS was set to when I
saved the waypoints (i.e. GDA 94) and if so do I need to make sure my QGIS
project CRS is set to GDA 94 also?

Any help would be much appreciated thank you!

Cheers,

Jeremy