[Qgis-user] Trimble GeoXT 2005 Accuracy

Springfield Harrison stellargps at gmail.com
Sun Mar 7 01:57:19 PST 2021

Hello All,

Thanks for the comments, I'll reply more fully tomorrow.

The receiver is Trimble mapping grade:

"The GeoExplorer 2005 series consists of:
• The GeoXH™ handheld, providing subfoot (30 cm) accuracy, or even
8-inch (20 cm) accuracy
with the optional Zephyr™ antenna.
• The GeoXT™ handheld offering submeter accuracy for GIS data collection
and data
maintenance.
• The GeoXM™ handheld with 1–3 meter GPS accuracy for mobile GIS
applications."

"Post processed carrier accuracy: 1-30cm".  This receiver was probably
$5-8000 (?) new.

  * Data collection was stationary, open sky, good satellite coverage,
    several minutes of 5 sec observations, good PDOP
  * SBAS and/or post processed

The concern is not the accuracy as such, but the systematic NW shift.
This has been observed over several months, consistently. My old Trimble
ProXR (1994?, $20K new!) is actually better in this regard than the GeoXT!

The Trimble manuals make no mention of the SBAS CRS, implying "turn it
on and go, the receiver will integrate the SBAS into the rover file."

More tomorrow, thanks . . . . .

-----
Cheers, Spring