[Qgis-user] Tectonic plate boundaries

John Moyle drjmoyle at gmail.com
Sat Aug 13 09:37:42 PDT 2022

Hi
New to QGIS. I want to plot Victorian submarine telegraph cable
interruptions under the Atlantic.  I know, what an Anorak!!
I have found a brilliant rasterfile of the seabed from GEBCO to use as a
base layer. I have also collected all the data of cable failure, submarine
earthquakes and volcanoes and am ready to make vector layers of all the
data.
But what I can't find is a shapefile of the tectonic plates boundaries,
just the boundary lines with no shading or text. Everything I do find is
rejected by QGIS as not being in a suitable format.
Help please!
John

Dr John Moyle
MB, BS, MSc, PhD, CEng, MInstMC, FRCA, FRHistS
Chartered Engineer
Physician & Anaesthetist (Retired)
Historian (Telegraphy & Medical Technology)

Home +44(0)1608 665968
Cell     +44(0)7836 244584

Amberley
Cotswold Close
Tredington
Shipston on Stour
Warwickshire
CV36 4NR, UK

"A person has nothing to lose if he believes in God and in the end he turns
out to be wrong but everything to lose if he wagers that God does not exist
and it turns out in the end that He really does." - Blaise Pascal (C17th
French Scientist & Mathematician)