[Qgis-user] The license agreement of QGIS

Brent Wood Brent.Wood at niwa.co.nz
Wed Dec 7 19:28:46 PST 2022

The full licence is described here:
https://docs.qgis.org/3.22/en/docs/user_manual/appendices/GNU_GPL.html

Essentially it means you can install and use QGIS anywhere you want for whatever the cost of downloading it might be (usually free). You can be an individual, government agency, commercial business, etc., that doesn't matter.

Note that if you do change the source code to provide some functionality that you require, the licence requires you to make your enhancements available under the same licence.

Cheers,

Brent Wood