[Qgis-user] Colouring Geological Maps

boxerg at iinet.net.au boxerg at iinet.net.au
Sun Dec 11 00:48:14 PST 2022

I am trying to find an easier way of colouring a geological map. The only
way I can find to colourise the polygons in both the map window and layers
panel - and hence the displayed legend - is to use the rule-based rendering
option. Each rule has to be manually styled.

Is there a way to get QGIS to interrogate a text file for styling
information? I can't seem to find one anywhere in the algorithms. Aiming to
use this in a graphical modeller to automate colourising geological maps. I
can use a fixed qml file but that has to be done for each individual map
unless you have a wide range of set styles.

Cheers Grant, Perth WA