[Qgis-user] Qgis 3.28 : Relational value form (spatial intersection)

chris hermansen clhermansen at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 10:23:53 PST 2022

Laurent and list,

On Tue, Dec 13, 2022 at 6:29 AM celati Laurent via QGIS-User <
qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org> wrote:

> Good morning,
> With qgis 3.28 I have a point layer (boreholes) . And I have a polygonal
> layer (departments/districts). My goal would be to via Qgis (right click
> boreholes point layer -> attributes form) to automatically fill the
> "department" field of the boreholes layer. The filling would be done via
> spatial intersection. The field of the departments table that I would like
> to retrieve is called "nom_dep". I am attaching a screenshot of my settings.
>
> Not to dispute this approach, but why not use

Vector > Geoprocessing Tools > Intersection

or

Vector > Data Management Tools > Join Attributes by Location

to put the polygon department attribute on the points?

--
Chris Hermansen · clhermansen "at" gmail "dot" com

C'est ma façon de parler.