[Qgis-user] Qgis : Create Package (GPK) with custom style and Spatial area?

Johannes Kröger (WhereGroup) johannes.kroeger at wheregroup.com
Sat Dec 17 04:38:21 PST 2022

Hi Laurent,

perfect timing as we just released a new plugin that should allow you do
perform such tasks easily: https://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/spatial_filter/

You can use this to filter your project's layers (PostGIS, GPKG and
Spatialite) to a spatial area (like the canvas extent but also complex
geometries). As we simply use QGIS' native layer filtering in the
background, this will apply to any processing tools too. So if you
filter with the plugin and then use the "Layer packaging" while the
filter is active, your exported layers will only include the wanted
features.

Have fun and shout if it does not work!

Cheers, Hannes

Am 16.12.22 um 17:00 schrieb celati Laurent via QGIS-User:
> Hello,
> With Qgis 3, With the tool available in "Processing" "Layer
> packaging", package layers within a GeoPackage database by saving the
> style. But unless I am wrong, it does not allow to customize the
> export to a custom spatial Area of Intrest (for example area of the
> canvas).
> Conversely, via the "layers panel", you can right-click -> export as
> save in a GPK, to a personalized spatial footprint. But at this level,
> I don't feel it's possible to keep the style.
>
> => Would there be a tool in Qgis combining these 2 possibilities? To
> package in a GPK a selection of layers, to save not only the layers
> but their styles defined in the same personalized extent (for exemple
> the extent of the canvas ? )
>
> Thanks a lot.

Johannes Kröger / GIS-Entwickler/-Berater

Where2B Konferenz 2022
15. Dezember 2022 in Bonn und Online
https://where2b-conference.com/

WhereGroup GmbH