[Qgis-user] Airborne camera rectification

Madry, Scott madrys at email.unc.edu
Fri Dec 30 11:48:27 PST 2022

Hello list. First of all, thanks to all of you for helping make the QGIS community the very special thing that it is.

I will be involved in a stratospheric balloon launch in January (altitude ~30 km), and it will have a nadir-pointing RGB camera that will have it’s images telemetered to the ground. It is nadir-pointing, but will have random swaying motion in all axes. Does anyone have experience in reading the 6 parameters of exterior orientation (X, Y, Z, w, f, k (Rotations about x, y, z axes respectively)) from the EXIF header attached to the JPEG and using it to georectify the images as well as can be done in QGIS? We are hoping to compare the various images at different altitudes with satellite imagery acquired at about the same time.

Thank you so much, and happy new year to everyone!

Scott

Scott Madry, Ph.D.
Research Associate Professor of Archaeology

Tel         1-919-448-4493
Email:    madrys at email.unc.edu<mailto:madrys at email.unc.edu>
https://scottmadry.web.unc.edu
Skype:   scott madry