[Qgis-user] Include Comment in source Query

Hugh Kelley hghklly at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 06:16:31 PST 2022

Hi all,

in the Layer Properties >> source >> Query Builder dialogue, if I use "--"
it shows that I've commented out that line. when I test the query though,
it throws an error complaining about the comment I included.

Is there a way to include a comment in the query?

i've like to include a note to myself when I filter things sometimes as it
can be hard months or years later to figure out the motivation. for
example:

-- remove built neighborhood bikeway according to KML file from client, per
email 2022-02-03
"LOCAL_ID" NOT IN (4030, 3533, 4307, 6015, 5217)

Maybe there's a better way to include this note, but it seems that the
closer the note is to the filter query definition the more likely I am to
see it.

thanks

Hugh