[Qgis-user] Include Comment in source Query

Johannes Kröger (WhereGroup) johannes.kroeger at wheregroup.com
Thu Feb 3 06:23:17 PST 2022

Hi Hugh,

that depends on the provider in use, a PostGIS provider might behave
differently from a Shapefile. See if wrapping the comment in /* comment
*/ works.

Cheers, Hannes

Am 03.02.22 um 15:16 schrieb Hugh Kelley:
> Hi all,
>
> in the Layer Properties >> source >> Query Builder dialogue, if I use
> "--" it shows that I've commented out that line. when I test the query
> though, it throws an error complaining about the comment I included.
>
> Is there a way to include a comment in the query?
>
> i've like to include a note to myself when I filter things sometimes
> as it can be hard months or years later to figure out the motivation.
> for example:
>
> -- remove built neighborhood bikeway according to KML file from
> client, per email 2022-02-03
> "LOCAL_ID" NOT IN (4030, 3533, 4307, 6015, 5217)
>
> Maybe there's a better way to include this note, but it seems that the
> closer the note is to the filter query definition the more likely I am
> to see it.
>
> thanks
>
> Hugh

Johannes Kröger / GIS-Entwickler/-Berater
WhereGroup GmbH
Grevenweg 89
20537 Hamburg
Germany

Tel: +49 (0)228 / 90 90 38 - 36
Fax: +49 (0)228 / 90 90 38 - 11

johannes.kroeger at wheregroup.com
www.wheregroup.com
Geschäftsführer:
Olaf Knopp, Peter Stamm
Amtsgericht Bonn, HRB 9885

Schon gewusst?

In unserem Blog geben wir Tipps & Tricks zu
 Open-Source-GIS-Software
und berichten aus unserem Experten-Alltag:
https://wheregroup.com/blog/