[Qgis-user] Update WFS layer field type

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Thu Feb 10 06:21:17 PST 2022

On 2/10/22 14:48, emmexx wrote:
> So it must be a geoserver problem. Perhaps it caches the attributes
> definitions.
>
> I restarted geoserver and now the attributes are ok.
>
> I'll ask on the geoserver mailing list if that is the expected behaviour.

Well, 'problem' :-)

Geoserver keeps the 'metadata' of it's datasources in memory (because it can be pretty intensive to find all kind of data from those.

Off course users sometimes update their data (like you), so in the Geoserver web interface, go to 'Server Status' and then click the 'Reload' (the bottom button): Configuration and catalog.
That refreshes Geoserver's internal metadata... (which for what I know only is cached in memory).

Regards,

Richard

ps: https://docs.geoserver.org/stable/en/user/rest/api/reload.html
(they have some issues with their doc site currently, so plz be patient)