[Qgis-user] Overlapping

Michael Williamson michael at michaelandjane.org.uk
Fri Feb 11 08:41:04 PST 2022

I am sure this is easy but I can't work out which facility to use

I have two layers. Layer A is made up of some large polygons while Layer B
is made up of smaller polygons. The Polygons in Layer A overlap one or more
of the polygons in layer B. In most cases the overlap is 100% but there are
a few cases where the overlap is less than that.

Layer B contains population and other data as numerical attributes and I
want to populate corresponding attributes in layer A with the weighted total
of the attributes in layer B depending on the amount of overlap.

I have found various tools but I cannot work out which one to use. The ones
I have found seem to do part of the job but not all of it.

Can anyone help?

Kind regards

Michael Williamson

The Willows