[Qgis-user] Click and drag files to QGIS 3.22 canvas

Ramon Andinach custard at westnet.com.au
Tue Feb 15 00:55:54 PST 2022

Hi Johanna,

(At least for me) that depends what I’m dropping.

If it’s a file type with a single geometry it goes straight in.
For example shp or a zip file with a single shape file inside

If it’s a file type with multiple geometries or a container with multiple possibilities then you’ll get asked.
For example GPX or zip file with shape and explanatory pdf inside (because there isn’t an obvious way of telling if the pdf is georeferenced and you might then want to load it).

Does that help?

Ramon.