[Qgis-user] What would it take to get a RE: How to "Dissolve" selected and save result into original layer

chris hermansen clhermansen at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 11:05:46 PST 2022

Jeff and list,

On Wed, Feb 23, 2022 at 10:22 AM Jeff Sonnentag <jsonnentag at llenviroinc.com>
wrote:

> Well, that works perfectly.  Thanks.
>

> Probably I never left the pointer sitting over that button because it is
> grayed out to barely visible (easy to ignore) unless something is selected.
>

> But I also just noticed that after 2 features were selected and merged it
> stayed visible (not grayed out) even when nothing is selected.  Kind of
> strange behavior.  When clicked on it gives the error message that not
> enough features are selected.  I guess sometime somebody will fix it to
> RESET to grayed out after every operation so it can’t be clicked on until
> something is selected. . . .

If you feel it's a bug, you could submit a bug report...

https://www.qgis.org/en/site/getinvolved/development/bugreporting.html

> Also, I wonder if anybody knows what it would take to get a Vertex Tool
> “line segment center point X” changed to a more easily visible color.  It
> must be a simple thing.  But I can’t be the only one that can barely see it
> (unless the pointer is right over it, which means you already know where
> the selection/grab point/X is) the X that is somewhere around the middle of
> the visible portion between two vertices.  The farther zoomed out you are
> the easier it is to see it, but a lot of times you are *zoomed in close*
> when working with things.  Maybe make a good SOLID *BLACK X* that is easy
> to see in contrast with the red line background it has (rather than gray
> that kind of blends in and is entirely within the red line background when *zoomed
> in close*) and then when the pointer is over it rather than a darker red
> maybe a bright yellow or green or something (anything that contrasts more
> than red on red).  (???)

I agree that the marker is not boldly visible, but with my 66 year old eyes
I don't have a huge problem seeing it, neither when it's reddish-grayish
over the pale red highlight of the line nor when very near, when it turns
solid red.  In my display, once the marker turns solid red, the pale red
highlight goes away.  It does seem a bit odd to me that the midpoint marker
is smaller than the + cursor, though.

I guess it would be nice if changing the size of the vertex crosses in
Settings > Options > Digitizing would also change the size of this marker,
or maybe manifest the symbol and colour in the Settings > Options >
something-or-other

Again, maybe you should submit a bug report / feature request at the link
above...

Chris Hermansen · clhermansen "at" gmail "dot" com

C'est ma façon de parler.