[Qgis-user] OSGeo4W Shell with Unix-Style Terminal?

Mike Treglia mtreglia at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 07:08:21 PDT 2022

Hi All,

First - thanks to the devs and maintainers for their quick work to resolve
the installation snag folks were encountering, and gracefully at that!

There might be a better place to ask this, but thought this might be a good
first spot to try, as I realize there are some OSGeo4W users on this list.

I was hoping to use the OSGeo4W shell from a unix-style terminal - like git
bash or similar. For some things, in the past, I've added the directory
with binaries from the OSGeo4W install to my Windows Environment System
Variables for as a value in Path. However, I've hit snags with gdal
recently, in getting a conflicting proj version, due to a concurrent
install of PostGIS. Thus, I can call gdal tools from the OSGeo4W install
via git bash, for example, but get errors regarding conflicting proj
versions.

The Windows style OSGeo4W Shell works as expected, so I can definitely use
that as is, but figured I'd see if there's a best way to do what I'm
looking for.

Best,
Mike