[Qgis-user] Issues with dependencies for Ubuntu 22.04

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Thu Jul 7 09:10:33 PDT 2022

Hi Vincente,

On Thu, 07. Jul 2022 at 14:29:18 +0000, vicentesmith via Qgis-user wrote:
> I'm trying to install QGIS in a fresh Ubuntu 22.04 system. Before building
> QGIS, I'm installing the dependencies from
> https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/master/INSTALL.md#33-install-build-dependencies
> for jammy. At some point during the process, the system asked which services
> to restart so I left the default ones (packagekit, palkit, rsyslog, ssh,
> systemd-journal, systemd-manager, systemd-networkd, systemd-resolved).
> Everything seemed OK at the end but rebooting the system froze everything and
> I cannot even log in.

> NOTE: I also tried using apt to install QGIS directly. This time, there was
> no problem but it installed v3.22.4.  Thanks.

Not sure if I get your point.  Are you trying to build or run QGIS?

To run it you don't need the build dependencies.  Installing them
should however still not lead to a login failure.  But as you're not even
installing QGIS, that's not an QGIS issue.

If you don't use the qgis.org repository (or ubuntugis) you get the version of
QGIS jammy offers - and that is 3.22.4 (see
https://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=qgis&searchon=names&suite=jammy&section=all)

Jürgen

Software Engineer           D-26506 Norden            https://www.norbit.de
QGIS release manager (PSC)  Germany                 IRC: jef on Libera|OFTC