[Qgis-user] Qgis 3.22.8 Error messages displayed in the GUI

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Mon Jul 11 06:10:36 PDT 2022

Hi Piet,

Better to sent this to the dev list, I think...

If I'm correct, there was a time in history, where all Qt warnings/errors were hidden, thereby eventually hiding real issues.
Now, (only if you have a debug build), these are very, very visible :-)

You could propose (on the dev list) to create some option/flag for it?
Or else do a release build....?

Mmm, looking into the code:
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/master/src/app/main.cpp#L435
telling:
"// also be super obnoxious -- we DON'T want to allow these errors to be ignored!!"

not sure if you succeed

:-)

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde