[Qgis-user] Qgis 3.22.8 Error messages displayed in the GUI

Johannes Kröger (WhereGroup) johannes.kroeger at wheregroup.com
Mon Jul 11 06:45:47 PDT 2022

In the past these have been mostly ignored I think, e.g.:

https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/issues/41154

https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/issues/46526

I too find them quite jarring as a non-core-developer nightly user and
wish we could help identify the issues to get them fixed. Maybe they
could include a mention of the code involved or something?

Cheers, Hannes

Am 11.07.22 um 15:10 schrieb Richard Duivenvoorde via Qgis-user:
> Hi Piet,
>
> Better to sent this to the dev list, I think...
>
> If I'm correct, there was a time in history, where all Qt
> warnings/errors were hidden, thereby eventually hiding real issues.
> Now, (only if you have a debug build), these are very, very visible :-)
>
> You could propose (on the dev list) to create some option/flag for it?
> Or else do a release build....?
>
> Mmm, looking into the code:
> https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/master/src/app/main.cpp#L435
> telling:
> "// also be super obnoxious -- we DON'T want to allow these errors to
> be ignored!!"
>
> not sure if you succeed
>
> :-)
>
> Regards,
>
> Richard Duivenvoorde
>

> On 7/11/22 13:39, Piet via Qgis-user wrote:
>> Dear List,
>>
>> I used a selfcompiled Qgis, build with 'Debug-Option' set in ccmake.
>>
>> Now there's a small red window in the main window which displayed
>> errors/warning.
>>
>> In my case "Qt: QXcbConnection: XCB error: 3 (BadWindow), sequence:
>> 65154, resource id: 11286601, major code: 40 (TranslateCoords), minor
>> code: 0",
>>
>> which seems to be a known QT-Bug.
>>
>> Can I turn of this error window?
>>
>> Because it's upset me a bit and I can see the warnings in a console
>> as well.
>>
>> Thank you for any hint!
>>
>> Kind regards
>>
>> Piet

Johannes Kröger / GIS-Entwickler/-Berater

Schon gewusst?
In unserem Blog geben wir Tipps & Tricks zu Open-Source-GIS-Software
und berichten aus unserem Experten-Alltag:
https://wheregroup.com/blog/

WhereGroup GmbH
Grevenweg 89
20537 Hamburg