[Qgis-user] Offline background map for large regions

abru345 at gmx.de abru345 at gmx.de
Tue Jul 12 03:32:45 PDT 2022

Hi Hannes,

your approach seemed to be the easiest one, so I gave it a try first!

I installed QGIS 3.26 via flatpak (unfortunately it is a little unstable
this way, but I'll try different options) and then the Vector Tiles
Reader. Loads the maps in seconds and works like a charm together with
the maps from maptiler.com!!

Thank you all a lot - finally it was so easy. Going to set up a nice
style next.

Cheers!

Andreas