[Qgis-user] Offline background map for large regions

abru345 at gmx.de abru345 at gmx.de
Tue Jul 12 07:03:32 PDT 2022

Hi,

as I already wrote before, offline map access works quite well now but
with the openmaptiles maps I can't get any labels (street names etc) -
they are replaced with dots.

I then tried to install the maptiler-server, which is pretty
straightforward, and was able to access the same maps locally. There are
all labels shown, but if I zoom in to detailed zoom levels, nothing is
shown any more except the "Demo" watermarks. They have no hints on their
website that function is restricted when using the"private use" license
except you get 5 years old data. With vector tiles reader plugin I can
zoom in the same maps without any problem.

Maybe I need a style? But where to get one (as a template), and how to
import it, as the vector tiles reader expects a URL?

Cheers,

Andreas