[Qgis-user] SOLVED: Offline background map for large regions

abru345 at gmx.de abru345 at gmx.de
Fri Jul 22 02:43:16 PDT 2022

Hi,

finally I got it.

I will stick with the 180 GB spatialite db (though being a little
unhappy with the size), but applying a redy-to-go osm style I found on
the net reduced the details of the lower scales, so it stays useable
when staying there. The style has only 3 zoom levels, so maybe I'm going
to look for more. The speed bottleneck at the moment is CPU/GPU power,
as my laptop has no dedicated GPU.

Which also works very nicely is the live gps centering function which
helps keeping the overview. So I can find my current position without
the need of scrolling to higher scales.

Thank you all for your kind assistance and the many helpful hints!

Andreas