[Qgis-user] Offline background map for large regions

abru345 at gmx.de abru345 at gmx.de
Thu Jul 21 03:13:34 PDT 2022

Hi Patrick,

sounds worth to have a look at, thank you!

About the 180 GB database - is it normal that putting osm data into
spatialite inflates the volume by factor 6?

Did a simple

ogr2ogr -f "SQLite" -dsco SPATIALITE=YES name_of_new_file.db
name_of_extracted_file.pbf

or makes it sense to fine-tune with the many available options, e.g.

   -limit nb_features

?

Regards,

Andreas