[Qgis-user] SOLVED: Offline background map for large regions

Patrick Dunford enzedrailmaps at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 08:47:10 PDT 2022

You can also apply scale rules when using file based layers on your
computer. Using a DB is great for certain applications, but if it is a
local server on your laptop, you have to weigh up the pros and cons,
since it has just shifted the processing workload from one application
to another, which may or may not result in a net performance gain.