[Qgis-user] new user - advice deleting values from an attribute table

xkus0ntnm1s9 at opayq.com xkus0ntnm1s9 at opayq.com
Tue Jul 26 10:38:09 PDT 2022

Hello. I'm sure this is a straightforward question for seasoned QGIS users, but I'm new struggling at the moment.

I'm trying to delete values in an attribute table.  Editing is toggled on.  Currently, a particular field has a value of '100' - I would like to remove that value from the attribute table - in essence, I would like that field to become NULL.
When I try to delete the value, instead of becoming NULL it becomes -9223372036854775808, which is extremely unhelpful. I've also tried typing 'NULL' into the field to replace the '100', which has not worked.
Can anyone please give me advice on removing entries from an attribute table and not have the box default to -9223372036854775808 ????
Thank you.