[Qgis-user] digitizing

Nicolas Cadieux njacadieux.gitlab at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 09:34:04 PDT 2022

Hi,

Look's like there's a problem with the georeferenced layer or perhaps
the CRS or the coordinates of the base map.

The first thing would be to look at the layer CRS to see if it's good.
Then, right click on that layer in the layer panel, go to Layer CRS and
then select "Set Project CRS from layer.", then zoom to the layer.  I
would look at the coordinates to see if they are valid.  Then, I would
open the base map and check the same things.  I would also try to use a
web mapping service site google earth to see if you base map is in the
right place.  Perhaps the base map CRS is problematic.

That would be my starting point for trouble shooting.

Nicolas

On 2022-06-16 12:23 p.m., Firstname Lastname via Qgis-user wrote:
> i have been successfully using the georeferencer for some time.  i
> referenced several maps and they succesfully georeferenced
> and  displayed for me.
> Then, i was digitizing and i ran the georeference tool and for some
> reason, the new referenced maps do not display.  i have exited and
> tried to georef in a new project and made sure that i have the same
> CRS for the basemap and the georef tool but when i run the referencer,
> the layer appear but the map will not display.  i have tried
> restarting, clearing the georef tool and running again but i get the
> same result.  Does anyone know what i am doing wrong and why my
> referenced maps will not display?
>
> --
> Byron Veilleux, MSc. P.Geo
> Conjugate Geologic Services Limited