[Qgis-user] digitizing

Patrick Dunford enzedrailmaps at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 18:46:08 PDT 2022

This is a generic answer, as more information would be needed to
determine exactly the situation you are experiencing.

If you zoom to the layer, is it then displayed in the same place as the
rest of your map?

My recollection of the georeferencer is it produces a world file to go
with the layer. This should have the correct top-left coordinates and
pixel resolution in it. Is there also an XML file that specifies the CRS?

Look at the layer name where it is loaded in the GIS and see if there is
a question mark displayed next to its name, that indicates QGIS doesn't
have enough information to position the layer, such as the information
that is stored in sidecar files.

It is also possible if the file is very large that it will be slow to
display. Also have a look at the error log at the bottom of the screen
to see if any error messages are displayed.