[Qgis-user] Dimensioning in QGIS

Alexandru Munteanu aldru.munteanu at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 14:45:06 PDT 2022

Hi,
A workaround I use I in my work is to actually use autocad for drawing the
dimensions (or anything else) and then import a dxf file in qgis, either as
shapes or as a vector layer.
What I do is export a polygon in dxf, draw the dimensions  in autocad and
import it back into qgis. With a little styling, the dimensions will look
exactly the same as in autocad. A tip is to use different layers in autocad
as it's easier to apply styles in qgis afterwards.

Hope this helps,
Alexandru