[Qgis-user] Extending an existing line with the vertex tool - combination with tracing possible?

Nicolas Cadieux njacadieux.gitlab at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 20:12:44 PST 2022

Hi,

To my knowledge, when using the vertex tool, you click on the last node and then, you can extend it once.  I think you need to reclick the last node again if you want to add a new point.  I don’t do much vectorizing lately and in the past, used AutoCAD to do it. There must be some other way of doing it. Maybe there is a shortcut or something like the shift key we need to use.  I would check the user manual to see if there is an option under the vertex tool.  I see that lots of new tools have been added lately making QGIS a good contender for tracing.  I guess you could just create a new line and then merge both together.

Just my grain of salt…

Nicolas Cadieux
https://gitlab.com/njacadieux